Versatile technical writer, instructional designer, and training coordinator with over 16 years experience in knowledge delivery, e-learning, and documentation. Skilled at identifying the appropriate audience for a subject, guiding users towards completing specific tasks, and crafting written, video, and/or audio media that provides a call to action. Expert at envisioning the users for a system or product, and communicating effectively to those users to achieve the desired outcome for both the audience and the organization.
Team-oriented, with strong project management and interpersonal skills. Experienced in working cross-functionally with different teams on multiple projects, meeting aggressive deadlines, and organizing large amounts of data and content. Professionally interested in technology, analytics, content delivery, and social media.
(08/11 - 05/17)
Technical Writer and Instructional Designer, Coinstar
Communicated and delivered technical knowledge to Coinstar's Field Operations team. Supported remote employees via a variety of methods, such as e-learning, documentation, blogs, email newsletters, and podcasts. Designed and managed remote, instructor-led technical training.
• Created procedural content (step-by-step written and videos) for online troubleshooting library, using an internal HTML-based, single-sourcing authoring tool. This library is accessed primarily from mobile browsers, and authored with responsive design, in order to work with any web-enabled device.
• Communicated kiosk software and hardware technical changes to a remote field audience via blog, email newsletters, audio and video podcasts, SharePoint, and "Technical Bulletin" emails.
• Analyzed content performance and metrics (using Google Analytics and proprietary tools) to identify trends and took appropriate actions, such as spotlighting content or revising search terms.
• Managed and initiated internal projects by gathering requirements, holding stakeholder meetings, interviewing users, and guiding developers. Held review gate meetings and drove projects to completion.
• Authored e-learning courses and assessments, using Articulate Storyline and Adobe Captivate. Identified new opportunities for distance learning content. Uploaded courses into a corporate-wide Learning Management System, and assigned to personnel as needed.
• Developed curriculum for remote, instructor-led classroom training, by video recording lectures, broadcasting live WebEx/Lync screen-share sessions, and uploading supplemental materials.
• Produced and co-hosted two monthly podcasts, in audio and video format. Designed podcasts to deliver technical material, with a focus on engaging material and high audio/video quality.
• Worked cross-functionally with all departments across Coinstar as a Field Ops stakeholder, to ensure training requirements and needs for new hires were met.
(02/09 – 04/11)
Technical Writing/Training Consultant, AT&T Mobility
Wrote and developed customer-facing web services documentation and content for AT&T Wireless' e-commerce web portal. Supported the B2B sales department by designing training and sales collateral that communicated new features, enhancements, and changes to the web portal.
• Created release notes, FAQs, user guides, and quick guides by attending deep-dive meetings, interacting with SMEs from differing backgrounds, and analyzing design documents, comps, and wireframes.
• Worked cross-functionally with business analysts, project managers, stakeholders, developers, and engineers to develop training documents that drove customer adoption and increased usage of web portal.
• Redesigned training materials and authored new templates to improve readability and increase usage.
• Provided direction to social media projects involving YouTube and twitter.
• Assisted in the implementation of delivering promotional and educational content to social media delivery vehicles for the team, by helping to compose and edit over 20 tweets promoting features on the @ATTBusiness Twitter feed.
• Supported and promoted a UI relaunch of AT&T’s B2B home page by writing a series of guides that were hosted at http://www.att.com/newpremierhomepage.
(11/06 – 02/09)
Technical Writing Lead, Visa
Served as lead writer of the Visa Operating Regulations, a nine-book, 8000+ page, two language documentation suite that is distributed in hardcopy, HTML, and PDF formats to every bank in the world that uses Visa.
• Led multiple review cycles and coordinated SME and stakeholder input from five international regions.
• Managed offshore personnel based in India to ensure quality standards were met.
• Created project proposals and oversaw planning, scheduling, development, and production of documentation updates.
• Worked with developers and project managers to ensure documentation requirements were met and project resources were accurately estimated and budgeted.
(07/00 – 11/06)
Technical Writer, Visa
Wrote, edited, and published a five-book library of Operations technical manuals (used for installation, maintenance, and recovery of hardware and software systems) and distributed the manuals in print, HTML, and PDF formats.
• Wrote, coordinated, and developed technical manuals and use cases documentation for Operations personnel in five worldwide regions.
• Worked with SMEs and project managers to determine documentation needs, and communicated with engineers, programmers, and developers to capture system requirements and processes.
• Coordinated and managed updates for up to 20 different change request tickets at the same time.
• Articulate Storyline
• HTML, XML, CSS
• Microsoft Office (Word, Powerpoint, Excel)
• Adobe Premiere Pro
• Schoox LMS
• Adobe Captivate
• Adobe Photoshop
• Microsoft Sharepoint
• TechSmith Camtasia Studio
• Adobe Audition
(09/96 - 06/00)
UNIVERSITY OF WASHINGTON (SEATTLE, WA)
• Bachelor of Science in Technical Communication
• Minor in Communications